Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mysterious trauma

The last of the day’s light is streaming through the window. I spent the day in bed. My guy told me not to get up this morning. He brought my my laptop, books and a personal pizza. Hot peppers, olives and pepperoni.  Today was to rest and heal. My cage ribs hurting like I had been beaten.

My sister in law G described it as “the mysterious trauma” . A few years back I had a chest cold and because of family history of heart murmurs the doctor ran some tests. Told me I was fine and the pain I was feeling was a swelling of my chest bone. Xrays revealed it healed well but inflammation was going to happen from time to time. 
Healing well??? Healing from what. I asked
The accident I was in. said the doctor.
I had never been in an accident. The doctor proceeded to inform me that I had. years ago. The xrays clearly show a severe trauma, most likely a car accident. 
I protested. but there was the xray and a doctor that assured me I had infact been in a major accident. 

Rewind a few more years before that....
I had picked up a box the “wrong” way and pulled my back. The chiropractor looked at my xrays and said my spine was damaged. He wondered how soon after physical therapy was I walking again? 

what?
He too said my xrays showed I was in a major accident. that It clearly showed in the xray and yes of course I seemed to be healing quite well but to not over do it. 



Xray necklace via Tillybloom @etsy


Both doctors estimated the year of the accident. both said the same year.
Now I swear I have never been in a major car accident. When I asked if it could be a minor 
fender bender they said no. Never had physical therapy. Have no idea what the where taking about. Yesterday I woke up with sore ribs by the end of the night I couldn’t turn with out winching. 
So today I stayed in bed per my guy’s orders. G called asked me what happened? And that’s the most embarrassing part. I have no cool story not even a boring story the truth is I have no idea. So G theory is “mysterious trauma” in a former life I was in a accident and it is showing up as physical pain in my body now. 
ok….or I could just be a doof that doesn’t realize I’m getting hurt until a few days later when my body is sore. 
Of course there is also the Geek theory. I had been in an accident but the memories where blocked by time travelers for the safety of the human race. Neither me nor anyone around me remember any such accident. Either way it means a day in bed with streaming netflix and a couple of books.
~
Xray necklace via Tillybloom @etsy

No comments: